It is the policy of E-Communications LLC., Radio Stations KAMS, KALM, KHOM and KBMV to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
It is also our policy to promote the realization of equal employment opportunity through positive, continuing programs of specific practices designed to insure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex.
To make this policy effective, and to ensure conformance with the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission, we have adopted an Equal Employment Opportunity Program, which was instated effective March 10, 2003. A full description of pertinent job openings and recruitment procedures may be found in our public file.
For the period October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017, KAMS/KALM/KHOM/KBMV had one full time employment hire for On-Air.
This was a distress situation where our senior On Air talent and Program Director left unexpectedly with little notice. We have only two full time members at this studio and put a tremendous amount of pressure on this one person. We made a quick hire of an employee who had worked with us full time On Air previous. He lost his job at his former place of employment and was without work. It just made sense for us to hire him to fill the position. We reviewed apps on file we had obtained with our recruiting practices and no one had broadcast experience to meet our distressed situation.
When stations KAMS/KALM/KHOM/KBMV are searching for prospective employees, sources of recruitment include:
Arkansas Broadcasters Association
2024 Arkansas Drive, Suite 403
Little Rock, AR 72212
501-227-7564 (office)/(fax) 501-223-9798/800-844-3216
Arkansas State University
- O. Box 540
State University, AR
Radio & TV Department Ann Murray 800-382-3030/870-972-3361
Southwest Baptist University
162 East First Street
Mtn. View, MO 65548
St. Louis, MO 63139
Kara Savio 314-647-8181 ph./314-647-1575 fax
Missouri State University-West Plains
Career Center, 128 Garfield
West Plains, MO 65775
417-255-7230 Alice Smith
West Plains Daily Quill
125 North Jefferson
West Plains, MO 65775
Ad Sales/Classified 417-256-9191
Area Wide Media
- O. Box 248
Salem, AR 72576
870-856-2582 Local 417-264-3814
E-Comm Online Employment Network
Web Based Internet Employment Network
Hometown Employment Network
Radio Stations KAMS & KALM
- O. Box 15
Thayer, MO 65791
Kkountry.com and AM1290TheGift.com
During the period October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017, E-Communications LLC, Radio Station KAMS/KALM/KHOM/KBMV participated in several outreach activities.
- Participated as a member of the Missouri Broadcasters Association to improve awareness of radio employment opportunities.
- Management training programs have been held to educate managers in regard to
hiring and outreach activities.
- Set up an information booth at South Central Home Builders Association Show in March 2017 to provide employment information. Booth was manned by employees and managers for two days at West Plains Civic Center.
- Participated as a member of the Arkansas Broadcasters Association to provide awareness of broadcasting careers.
- CEO Robert Eckman serves on several community boards to keep a pulse on the needs of our area and prospective job candidates. Eckman serves on the board of the Thayer Area Chamber of Commerce, The Thayer Community Betterment Association, Board member of the West Plains Chamber of Commerce, The Advisory Board to the Communications Department at Arkansas State University, Thayer-Mammoth Spring Rotary Club, Ozarks Medical Center Foundation Board, and on the board of the Missouri Broadcaster’s Association Board.
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to
job seekers, or refers those looking for jobs to employers, and you would like to
receive job vacancy information from E-Communications, LLC, please provide us with your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone, fax number and individual contact information. Please send contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.