It is the policy of E-Communications LLC., Radio Stations KAMS, KALM, KHOM and KBMV to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
It is also our policy to promote the realization of equal employment opportunity through positive, continuing programs of specific practices designed to insure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex.
To make this policy effective, and to ensure conformance with the rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission, we have adopted an Equal Employment Opportunity Program, which was instated effective March 10, 2003. A full description of pertinent job openings and recruitment procedures may be found in our public file.
For the period October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, KAMS/KALM/KHOM/KBMV hired three full time employees. (1 in news, 1 in traffic/administration and 1 in marketing.)
The news director position was filled in May 2018 by Mike Robertson who previously worked at the station in that capacity. We conducted an extensive job search using most of the outreach contacts listed. Three applicants were interviewed from several resumes received. One from radio, one from newspaper and one on Facebook.
The sales position was filled October 2017 as a distress situation. The marketing person left with no notice leaving us with only one full time outside sales position. We were forced to hired quickly and the applicant (Meghan Haenel) came to us the very day the other person left. So, we made a quick decision in a distressed situation. We reviewed applications we had on file, but no one met the qualifications we desired. This applicant came with experience in marketing and digital sales.
The third hire in August 2018 was Kevin Gorskey. He was hired for traffic and administration. We conducted an extensive job search using most of the outreach contacts listed. Three applicants were interviewed from several resumes received. One from radio, one from the website and one on face book.
When stations KAMS/KALM/KHOM/KBMV are searching for prospective employees, sources of recruitment include:
Arkansas Broadcasters Association
2024 Arkansas Drive, Suite 403
Little Rock, AR 72212
501-227-7564 (office)/(fax) 501-223-9798/800-844-3216
Arkansas State University
P.O. Box 540
State University, AR
Radio & TV Department Ann Murray 800-382-3030/870-972-3361
Southwest Baptist University
162 East First Street
Mtn. View, MO 65548
St. Louis, MO 63139
Kara Savio 314-647-8181 ph./314-647-1575 fax
Missouri State University-West Plains
Career Center, 128 Garfield
West Plains, MO 65775
West Plains Daily Quill
125 North Jefferson
West Plains, MO 65775
Ad Sales/Classified 417-256-9191
Area Wide Media
P.O. Box 248
Salem, AR 72576
870-856-2582 Local 417-264-3814
E-Comm Online Employment Network
Web Based Internet Employment Network
Hometown Employment Network
Radio Stations KAMS, KHOM, KALM and KBMV
P.O. Box 15
Thayer, MO 65791
Kkountry.com and AM1290TheGift.com
During the period October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, E-Communications LLC, Radio Station KAMS/KALM/KHOM/KBMV participated in several outreach activities.
- Participated as a member of the Missouri Broadcasters Association to improve awareness of radio employment opportunities.
- Management training programs have been held to educate managers in regard to hiring and outreach activities.
- Participated in a job and career fair at the Thayer High School doing mock interviews and searched out prospects looking for a career in broadcasting.
- Participated as a member of the Arkansas Broadcasters Association to provide awareness of broadcasting careers.
- CEO Robert Eckman serves on several community boards to keep a pulse on the needs of our area and prospective job candidates. Eckman serves on the board of the Thayer Area Chamber of Commerce, The Thayer Community Betterment Association, Board member of the West Plains Chamber of Commerce, The Advisory Board to the Communications Department at Arkansas State University, Thayer-Mammoth Spring Rotary Club, Ozarks Medical Center Foundation Board, and on the board of the Missouri Broadcaster’s Association Board.
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to
job seekers, or refers those looking for jobs to employers, and you would like to
receive job vacancy information from E-Communications, LLC, please provide us with your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone, fax number and individual contact information. Please send contact information to email@example.com.